How to Get your PayPal API Client ID and Secret
The PayPal REST API keys include a Client ID and a Client Secret. Here’s how you generate these credentials:
- Log in to the PayPal Developer Portal using the same credentials you use for you PayPal account.
- On the My Apps & Credentials page, click Live or Sandbox depending on whether you need an app for testing (Sandbox) or going live (Live)
- Click Create App under REST API apps. Any previously created REST API apps will appear in the table above the Create App button.
- Enter the name of your REST API app in the App Name field, and select a Sandbox business account to associate with your app.
Note: Remember that you can’t use a Live credit card in Sandbox, and you can’t use a test credit card in your Live account.
- Click Create App.
Your credentials, the client ID and secret, are displayed on the app details page that displays after you click Create App.
- When you are ready to take your code live, make sure you create a Live app to get live credentials.