The PayPal Tracking for WooCommerce integration lets you connect you WooCommerce store with the PayPal Tracking API and automatically export the tracking number, shipping provider and shipment status from WooCommerce to PayPal transactions when you ship your orders (Shipped/Completed) and the tracking information will display on the PayPal Transaction in the shipping information section.
The PayPal Tracking requires to have one of the following shipment tracking plugins installed:
How it works
- Get your PayPal Tracking API keys and add them in the extension settings
- Add tracking info to order and change the order status to Completed (Shipped)
- The tracking info will be exported to the PayPal transaction and will display on the Shipping information section
- If you use TrackShip to track your orders, the shipment status on the PayPal transaction will update to Delivered once the order is delivered to the customer.
- When you Delete tracking information from an order (after it was Shipped), the plugin will update PayPal and will cancel the shipment.
Tracking information display on the PayPal Transactions
When you add tracking number to orders and change the orders status to Shipped (Completed), the tracking information will be automatically exported to PayPal and display on the Shipping details on the PayPal transaction:
The PayPal Tracking settings can be found on WooCommerce > Shipment Tracking > PayPal Tracking:
- Enable PayPal Tacking – Sync the tracking info to PayPal when orders are fulfilled (Shipped), the tracking number, shipping provider and date will be sent to the PayPal transaction. When you Delete tracking information from an order (after it was Shipped), the plugin will update PayPal and will cancel the shipment.
- Enable Sandbox – enable this option if you are using Paypal Sandbox for testing.
- Client ID – your PayPal REST API Client ID.
- Client Secret – your PayPal REST API Client Secret. (How to get the PayPal Tracking API keys)
- PayPal payment methods – select the PayPal Payment Method to sync the tracking with the PayPal tracking API
- Send email to the Customer from PayPal – Enable this option If you want to send email notification to customer from PayPal when tracking information added to Paypal.
- Enable logs – this will save log of errors when syncing tracking information to the PayPal tracking API
When tracking information is exported to PayPal, an order note is added to the order notes panel. The extension adds a Paypal Tracking column to the orders admin that shows the Paypal tracking export status.
Order Notes – once the tracking info is sent to PayPal, we will add order note to the order.
Orders List – once the tracking info is sent to PayPal, we will display that Tracking Info send to PayPal.
If your store is connected with TrackShip, the order shipment status on PayPal when the shipments are delivered to your customers. When TrackShip updates the Shipment status of a shipment which was exported to Paypal as On Hold or Delivered, the extension will update the Shipping status on PayPal.
PayPal Transaction example: