WooCommerce Orders flow provides just a basic fulfilment workflow, once order is paid it gets the Processing status and when you ship the order, you change the status to Completed and the order email is sent to the customer. Te definition of the Completed order status by WooCommerce is that the order is fulfilled and no further action is required.
WooCommerce Fulfillment Workflow:
Advanced Shipment Tracking allows you to enable custom order statuses to organize the WooCommerce orders flow and to automate the fulfillment workflow.
AST PRO Fulfillment Workflow:
- Rename the “Completed” Order status to “Shipped” – The Completed order Status in WooCommerce means that the order is fulfilled and no further action is required. But when you ship your orders, this order status means that the order is shipped and we allow you ro rename the Completed order status to Shipped. The rename to Shipped option will change the order status label only for display purposes in your store admin, AST does not change the order status slug (completed) and its compatible with any other plugin or custom code that use the Completed order status.
- Enable Custom Order Status Partially Shipped – The partially shipped status is for orders that you ship in separate packages or from different locations.
- Enable Custom Order Status Shipped – If you sell a mix of Virtual and Physical goods, you can keep the “Completed” order status and use it for virtual orders and use the custom order status “Shipped” for orders that you ship. This shipped status is only available only if you choose not to rename the Completed to Shipped.
Please Note: If you choose to rename the Completed order status to Shipped, you will not be able to enable the Custom Shipped Status so you will not have two Shipped order Statuses.
Custom Order Status Options
- Edit the Background Color
- Edit the Font Color
- Enable Email Notifications
- Customize the email notifications
- Enable & customize the SMS Notifications (requires SMS for WooCommerce)