WooCommerce Orders flow provides just a basic fulfillment workflow, once the order is paid it gets the Processing status and when you ship the order, you change the status to Completed, and the order email is sent to the customer. The definition of the Completed order status by WooCommerce is that the order is fulfilled and no further action is required.
WooCommerce Fulfillment Workflow:
Advanced Shipment Tracking allows you to enable custom order statuses to organize the WooCommerce orders flow and to automate the fulfillment workflow.
AST PRO Fulfillment Workflow:
- Rename the “Completed” Order status to “Shipped” – By default, the Completed order status in WooCommerce means that the order is fulfilled and no further action is required. However, when you ship your orders, this order status means that the order has been shipped. You can choose to rename the Completed order status to Shipped to better reflect the current status of the order. This rename option will change the order status label for display purposes only in your store admin. The AST plugin does not change the order status slug (completed) and is compatible with any other plugin or custom code that uses the Completed order status.
- Enable Custom Order Status Partially Shipped – This option allows you to enable the custom order status Partially Shipped for orders that you ship in separate packages or from different locations. This provides a more accurate reflection of the order status and allows you to keep track of partially shipped orders in your store.
- Enable Custom Order Status Shipped – This option allows you to enable the custom order status Shipped for orders that you ship. If you sell a mix of virtual and physical goods, you can keep the Completed order status for virtual orders and use the custom order status Shipped for orders that you ship. This shipped status is only available if you choose not to rename the Completed to Shipped.
Please Note: If you choose to rename the Completed order status to Shipped, you will not be able to enable the Custom Shipped Status so you will not have two Shipped order Statuses.
Custom Order Status Options
- Edit the Background Color
- Edit the Font Color
- Enable Email Notifications
- Customize the email notifications
- Enable & customize the SMS Notifications (requires SMS for WooCommerce)