How it works
You can choose between 2 verification flows, Registration and Checkout. Depending on your business needs, you can activate just one of the workflows, or activate both.
Email Verification Flow – Registration
Require customers to verify their email address when they register for a Customer Account.
- When a customer sign up for an account in your store, the account is flagged as Unverified Email
- The verification popup will display on all account pages and will allow the customers to enter a verification code to verify their email and activate their account to access the account area.
- The verification code and a verification link are sent to the new customer email address and they can verify their email by entering the verification code or by clicking on the Verification link in the email.
- Once a customer verifies the email address on the account and will be redirected to the account dashboard (or any other page you choose) , and the Customer account will be flagged as Verified Email.
Email Verification Flow – Checkout
Requires Guest Customers to verify their email address before they can proceed to checkout or before they can place an order. You can choose the popup overlay verification before the customer can enter the Checkout page or to use the inline verification that will let the customer proceed to checkout and will disable the option to complete the order until the customer email is verified.
- Guest customer proceeds to checkout on your store
- The verification popup overlay will allow the customer to enter his email address and the verification code and a verification link are sent to the new customer email address
- Customers can verify their email by entering the verification code in the verification popup or by clicking on the Verification link in the verification email
- The Customer is directed to checkout to complete the order
- The Customer created an account during checkout, the customer account will be flagged as Verified Email.